Walton High School administers two different FL Statewide Assessment Programs:
FL State Assessments that you must pass to earn a standard High School Diploma:
- FSA Algebra 1 EOC
- Students must pass the Algebra 1 EOC with a level 3 or higher to graduate.
- Algebra 1 EOC retakes are only offered four times a year— summer, fall, winter, and spring.
- The state Algebra 1 EOC is a 2-day, 1.5 hours each testing session test (total time for testing is 3 hours).
- The first day students are not able to use a calculator, the second day students are allowed use of a calculator if they would like.
An alternative way of meeting this graduation requirement:
** Earn a score of a 97 on the PERT math test.
- Northwest Florida State College DeFuniak Campus offers the PERT math test for $10, approximately three times a week. Please call 850-200-4102 for more information about when the PERT math test is offered. Please make sure you arrive 15 minutes before testing and bring a photo id. Make sure you bring back your score sheet to the SSA office to be entered into the computer. Students take approximately 40- 60 minutes on this test, test results will be printed immediately after the test.
- WHS does offer this test at no cost during the school day, twice a year—once in the fall and another in the spring. Seats are limited and sign-up sheets will be located in the SSA office approximately 2 weeks before the test date. Test date will be announced 4 weeks before the actual test date.
- Grade 10 FSA ELA (English Language Arts)
- Student must pass the Grade 10 FSA ELA reading and writing test with a level 3 or higher to graduate.
- Grade 10 FSA ELA reading and writing test retakes are only offered twice a year, once in the fall and the other in the spring.
- This will be a 3-day retake, one day of writing (2 hours test) and two days of reading (1.5 hours each testing session). Total time for this test is 6 hours.
An alternative way of meeting this graduation requirement:** Earn a score of a 19 on the ACT reading test.
- The reading test is approximately 40 questions in about 35 minutes. Although we are looking at just the reading section score on the ACT test you will still have to complete the other sections of the ACT test, which are English, math, and science. The total time for the ACT test is about 2 hours and 35 minutes. Sign up at: http://www.act.org/ The cost of this test is $42.50, and you must register online. If you qualify for free and reduced lunch, please see guidance before registering to get a fee waiver for the test. Score reports are available about 4-6 weeks after the test date. Walton High School is a test center for this test.
** Earn a score of a 24 or higher on the SAT reading subtest.
- The reading test is approximately 52 questions in about 65 minutes. Although we are looking at just the reading section score on the SAT test you will still have to complete the other sections of the SAT test, which are Writing and Language, and Math. The total time for the SAT test is about 3 hours. Sign up at: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/
- The cost of this test is $45, and you must register online. If you qualify for free and reduced lunch, please see guidance before registering to get a fee waiver for the test. Score reports are available about 4-6 weeks after the test date. Walton High School is not currently a test center for this test; Crestview High School and Fort Walton Beach are the nearest SAT testing centers.
** Earn a score of a 430 or higher on the SAT Evidence Based Reading and Writing Section.
- The SAT Evidence Based Reading and Writing Section is a combination score of the SAT reading test (65 minutes, 52 questions) & writing and language test (35 minutes, 44 questions).
- Note: This is not a separate test, but an additional opportunity on the SAT test to pass the Grade 10 FSA ELA reading and writing test graduation requirement.
**During the spring, we offer a school day administration SAT test to all juniors, free of cost.
**Test dates for the ACT/SAT tests are located online at the respective webpages or in the SSA office on the bulletin boards.
Geometry EOC, Algebra 2 EOC, Biology EOC, US History EOC...
Geometry, Algebra 2, Biology, and US History EOC are not a “must pass EOC” graduation requirement, rather they are incorporated as 30% of your overall grade for the course.