When you’re visiting a college, don’t forget these helpful hints…
** You want to pre-schedule a campus tour & a meeting with the admission office.
- Places to visit:
- Student residence hall (dorms)
- Dining facilities
- People to meet:
- Admission office
- Financial Aid Office
- If you’re an athlete, meet with sport team coach that you are interested in playing.
- Questions to ask:
- Admission requirements (test, high school grades, etc.)
- Financial Aid deadlines and forms; work study options.
- Chances for success for: (1) admission, (2) placement, (3) graduation
- Ask about the placement and the classes for your academic program.
- Transportation options, and ask about parking fees.
- Ask how students use their “out-of class” time
- Extra-curricular activities and student activities around campus.
- Campus Environment
- Attending a class (look at class size, teaching style, and academic atmosphere
Virtual Tours are available for most colleges/universities, please contact your college/university for more information!