formed at Walton High,
far surpassing wealth unspoken,
sealed by friendship's tie.
deep graven on each heart,
shall be found unwavering true,
when we in life shall part.
- Each student is unique and capable of achievement.
- Students learn in diverse ways and require a variety of teaching strategies.
- Students learn best in an environment that is disciplined, fosters respect for authority, and encourages learning.
- Students learn best when family members are actively involved in their education.
- Students are challenged by a curriculum that is dynamic and responsive to the changing needs of society.
- Teachers and administrators are professionals who work continuously to upgrade their knowledge and engage in activities that enhance their effectiveness as educators.
- Teachers and administrators will seek to develop innovative and creative strategies that enhance the educational climate.
- School personnel, students, parents, and the community will work in partnership and demonstrate an active commitment to education.
- School personnel, students, parents, and the community will recognize ethnic and cultural diversity and encourage an understanding and awareness of differences.
- Education is lifelong learning and learning for life.
Vision for the Future
We at Walton High School want to create an atmosphere that will inspire an environment of discovery, critical thinking, and understanding where children are stimulated to seek innovative and effective educational experiences.
- The students are excited about learning.
- The students are confident in their ability to experience success and accept responsibility for their actions and achievements.
- The students care about themselves and others, and they have a sense of responsibility to the community.
- Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their children's education.
- The staff is professional, enthusiastic, and caring. They assist students in organizing information and coordinating educational activities.
- The employees and students are working in partnership with the community to develop responsible, productive citizens in our democratic society.
Students, upon graduation, will be able to think critically and creatively, solve problems, communicate effectively, use technology efficiently, and possess interpersonal skills that allow them to function competently as they transition to colleges and careers.