Due to COVID-19, NWFSC Testing Center is ready to remotely administer the PERT to interested dual enrollment students at home. The purpose of Florida’s Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) is to adequately assess students' academic skills in mathematics, reading, and writing. Students must have access to a computer, the Internet, and a webcam. If you do not have access to a computer with a webcam, please contact Walton High School for assistance at 850-892-1270, ext. 4401.
Please go to the link below and complete the NWFSC form for remote testing. You will be contacted by a Testing Specialist for more information.
Here are a few helpful pieces of information as you plan to take the PERT test:
- On average it takes 1 hour to complete a subtest or 3 hours to sit for the entire test.
- Here is a study guide link for Florida's PERT:
- Once you meet the dual enrollment placement score requirement and have an unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.0, email Ms. McKie at [email protected] to set up a Zoom virtual meeting to get started on dual enrollment registration forms. NWFSC will start registration for the summer and fall semesters on Monday, April 13. We recommend watching the WHS Dual Enrollment Video to get an idea of the registration process:
1. Fill out the NWFSC online request form: https://nwfstatecollege.formstack.com/forms/pert_remote_testing_signup
2. In NWFSC response email, please follow the Link to the RegisterBlast Scheduler.
3. Within 2-3 days NWFSC testing center will confirm an appointment time.
4. NWFSC will send out an email with secure credentials.
5. Students will take the exam at their convenience.
6. NWFSC testing center will enter their scores into our Banner system (NWFSC system).
7. Students are ready to register for dual enrollment classes.
- Please read the entire email(s) from NWFSC and follow each direction in order. This is the #1 issue that NWFSC is experiencing. Skipping steps will create errors and frustration in the process.
- Students will need a computer, webcam, and internet to take the Pert test at home. If you don't have the proper equipment, please go to Walton High School's safe and secure lobby where a test administrator can assist you. A parent/guardian will need to accompany you on this visit to the school. Walton High School is open on Monday - Friday from 8am -3pm.
- If you are experiencing difficulties, please contact Ms. Julie Evans ([email protected]) at NWFSC's testing center between the hours of 9am -3pm, Monday - Friday. Please be patient with her as she is experiencing a high volume of requests at this time. Please allow 2-3 business days for her to respond to your request.
- If you don't already have a NWFSC Raidernet number (or are in the process of getting a NWFSC Raidenet number) and are taking the remote PERT test at home, please let Ms. McKie know when you have received a NWFSC Raidernet number so we can have NWFSC connect your PERT test scores with your NWFSC Raidernet account. This will minimize any issues/delays we may have when you start registering for dual enrollment classes.
- Students are able to print their Pert scores at the end of their test. They also have the ability to log back into the College Measured Success website and look at the scores at any time. NWFSC will also send a follow-up email (within 3 business days) that will include your test scores. Once you have your passing Pert scores and your NWFSC Raidernet ID number, send an email to Ms. McKie ([email protected]) to set up a Zoom meeting to get the registration process started. Please make sure you include your PERT scores & Raidernet ID number in the email to Ms. McKie.